Legacy Development Community Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Legacy Development Community Forum

World of Warcraft Development Forums

HomeHome  PortalPortal  GalleryGallery  SearchSearch  Latest imagesLatest images  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Area triger - Sunken Temple

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
PETERPANs

Number of posts : 64
Registration date : 2007-01-09

Area triger - Sunken Temple Empty
PostSubject: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyTue Jan 09, 2007 4:30 pm

bounce In swampof sorrows there is instance called sunken Temple or Temple of Atal´Hakar. When u enter temple from that lake, u will be teleported under the map affraid (falling aroud, neverending story). What are those trigers Question
Back to top Go down
razorback

Number of posts : 123
Registration date : 2006-11-28

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyTue Jan 09, 2007 6:31 pm

"neverending story".... so funny..lol
Back to top Go down
PETERPANs

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyTue Jan 09, 2007 8:28 pm

Pls no off topic. Fell free to invate me on some kind of joking forums by PM. I heard thar LDC forum is not for jokes. I play on one of luddy servers (newest updates) and I just report some bugs for better ludmilla release.
Back to top Go down
razorback

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyWed Jan 10, 2007 8:14 am

we already knew about that bug in old days....

and it's client bug .
Back to top Go down
Iceman
Developer
Iceman

Number of posts : 462

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 11:11 am

no its not bug its just bad trigger i am curently working on new trigers...
Back to top Go down
razorback

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 4:04 pm

he doesn't mean a trigger going wrong place.

he saids about falling and falling to deep area when he swims around the pond near suncken temple/
Back to top Go down
PETERPANs

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 4:52 pm

I mean falling uder the map if u want to enter temple. (when u see area name "Temple of ..."
Back to top Go down
Iceman
Developer
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 5:06 pm

yes and thats bad trigger... i dont fall under map any more..
like this
core is handling the starting pos of teleport or trigger activation
db areatrigger table is doing rest that mean when player call trigger 45(for example) core will respond and read from db table and tp player to that position so if pos is little lower then it should he will finish under the ground or in this under the temple..

there is only one thing that confuses me
i deleted whole trigger for hakkar temple and when i go into watter and aproach temple i will only see activating trigger [X] and () << blank couse trigger was deleted so whats the result?
result is that i normally swim over watter toward temple
so my question is next
why is all thoose triggers needed???

i mean i understand for teleport but for no teleport?why trigger?
Back to top Go down
PETERPANs

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 6:28 pm

Back to top Go down
Iceman
Developer
Iceman

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyThu Jan 11, 2007 8:05 pm

yap but core is calling for trigger
and trigger not necesary need to mean its teleport
like one in midd of SW trade center trigger u step there and trigger activates
ok i know some triggers are needed couse of activating "rest place" or even activating map opening "calling trigger" but atm i hopefully fixed some of them
and i even opened svn for trigger table couse it need urgent fixing (if there is any)
so if ppl wanna help they can post in db section and i will add it in SVN
so we can all have benefits from it
Back to top Go down
robby

Number of posts : 73

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptyFri Jan 12, 2007 3:00 pm

i think is probbably a mistake from core that handle all "not know" trigger as teleport triger. many trigger are explorations trigger, but i think some trigger are "event trigger" - i mean u pass a trigger then door closed or spawn mobs or somethin else but this kind of trigger are not yet implemented by the core or they are not in db defineable

btw: i have added a trigger in ligt hope chapell and marked him as restplace but that trigger want u teleport i some instance
Back to top Go down
echidgna

Number of posts : 1
Registration date : 2006-12-28

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple EmptySat Jan 13, 2007 7:56 pm

The problem you described is the same as wailering caverns. When you will enter it you will be nice teleported to the instance. But if you move some feet you will keep falling and then you will die because of fall damage.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Area triger - Sunken Temple   Area triger - Sunken Temple Empty

Back to top Go down

Area triger - Sunken Temple
Page 1 of 1